Post-doctoral Research Fellowship at the Henry Moore Institute
Submission deadline: Monday, 7 September 2015
The Henry Moore Institute is a world-recognised centre for the study of sculpture in the heart of Leeds, funded by The Henry Moore Foundation. An award-winning exhibitions venue, research centre, library and sculpture archive, the Institute hosts a year-round programme of exhibitions, conferences, lectures, research, and publications that aim to expand the understanding and scholarship of historical and contemporary sculpture.
The Institute invites applications for a two-year fellowship, beginning in autumn 2015. Based at the Henry Moore Institute in Leeds, the Post-doctoral Fellow’s research focus should be pre-20th century, paying particular attention to the ways in which history is engaged with in the present.
The Post-doctoral Research Fellowship is funded by The Henry Moore Foundation’s Grants Programme. The successful Fellow will receive a grant of 21,000 GBP per annum for two years, payable quarterly. This grant is to cover living and all research associated expenses.
– The Research Fellow will take responsibility for the research, organisation and realisation of one workshop and one larger international conference at the Henry Moore Institute.
– The Research Fellow will research, organise and realise one series of four public evening talks in relation to an exhibition of the researcher’s choice within the Institute’s programme.
– The Research Fellow will take an active role within the day-to-day activities of the Institute, assisting with the Research team’s work with other Research Fellows and events.
– The Research Fellow will take part in Henry Moore Institute events and major staff meetings, providing additional academic response and feedback to research and exhibition development.
– The Research Fellow will deliver, as a representative of the Henry Moore Institute, at least two academic papers at conferences / universities / museums relating to the Fellow’s own research.
– The Research Fellow will develop their own research by developing an exhibition / conference / publication proposal during the tenure, providing regular six-month updates to HMI staff at team meetings.
– The Fellow will be expected to be based at the Henry Moore Institute, and to work with the Research team for a minimum of two days per week.
– If you have any enquiries please contact Uthra Rajgopal (Research Programme Assistant at the Henry Moore Institute) by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applicants for this fellowship should submit
– A proposal for one large, two-day international conference on a subject related to his/her interests
– A curriculum vitae
– References from the their doctoral supervisor and one other academic referee
– A synopsis of their doctoral research
Notes to applicants:
The Fellow will be expected to assist with events which take place on evenings and weekends
For non-EU citizens, the Fellow must apply for a work visa on receipt of their sponsor certificate number which will be provided by the Henry Moore Foundation.
Applications, marked „Post-doctoral Research Fellowship Grant“ should be sent by email to: Uthra Rajgopal (Research Programme Assistant at the Henry Moore Institute): email@example.com
The deadline for submissions is Monday 7 September. Interviews will take place in Leeds; dates to be announced.
Henry Moore Institute
Leeds LS1 3AH
T + 44 (0) 113 246 7467