Koyo Kouoh and Celeste Network have just announced the names of this year’s 43 Celeste Prize finalists.
Among artists who will exhibit their work at the prize’s final exhibition in Milan, 14-22 November, are dOCUMENTA (13) Cambodian artist, Vandy Rattana, as well as emerging photographers such as Mary Jane Opie and Masakazu Yamashiro.
Celeste Prize’s 12-strong team of international jurors, led by Koyo Kouoh, has rigorously reviewed every work submitted from 72 countries and has chosen the following works which will compete for € 20,000 awards.
View all the finalists’ works:
Project Prize – Elaine Byrne, Wuttin Chansataboot, Mary-Jane Opie.
Painting & Drawing Prize – Giovanni Bartolozzi, Gianfranco Basso, Veronica de Giovanelli, Erika Fabian, Katarzyna Ferworn-Horawa, Marieke Kruger, Alex Marco, Martin Robert Reed, Emanuele Sartori, Heryk Tomassini.
Photography & Digital Graphics Prize – Judi Altman, Katerina Belkina, Andrea Cimatti, Teri Havens, Matthew Humphreys, Lumazen, Franz Murtas, Mary Stuart, Caro Williams, Masakazu Yamashiro.
Video & Animation Prize – Eden Auerbach Ofrat, Younes Baba-Ali, Elena Bellantoni, Daniel Nicolae Djamo, Maurizio Falcone, Mauro Falsini, Nadia Hotait & Laila Hotait, Shira Klasmer, Borja Rodríguez Alonso, Vicki Thornton.
Installation, Sculpture & Performance Prize – Silvia Fiorentino, Luisa Giannì, Jörg Christoph Grünert, Samnang Khvay, Jaewon Kim, Andreas Lutz, Kwasi Ohene-Ayeh, Parvaneh Rahimi, Vandy Rattana, Paola Sommaruga.
We would like to thank the jurors below for their timely and exciting choice of works:
Chief-curator is Koyo Kouoh, director of Raw Material Company, Dakar
– Jörg Bader, director, Centre de la photographie, Geneva
– Eva Barois De Caevel, independent curator, Paris
– Lucrezia Crippitelli, independent curator, Brussels
– Miguel Lopez, independent curator, Vienna & Lima
– Nicola Müllerschön, director, arts and culture foundation KfW Stiftung, Frankfurt
– Aida Muluneh, founder, Addis Foto Fest, Addis Abba
– Tobias Ostrander, chief-curator, Pérez Art Museum, Miami
– Rasha Salti, curator, Toronto International Film Festival, New York & Beirut
– Gloria Sensi, independent curator, Paris
– Gaia Tedone, independent curator, London
– David Teh, director of Future Perfect, Singapore
For more details and information about Celeste Prize, the curators, prizes and the final exhibition, please contact us at the Celeste team:
+39 0577 1521988