OPEN CALL for Artists – LA JOIE DE VIVRE! – BA Contemporary 2017 Venezia
BIENNALE AUSTRIA – OPEN CALL for Artists
Application deadline: April 30, 2017
LA JOIE DE VIVRE! – BA Contemporary 2017 Venezia
The title for the 57th Biennale di Venezia is „VIVA ARTE VIVA“.
„In a world full of conflicts and jolts, in which humanism is being seriously jeopardized, art ist he most precious part of the human being. It is the ideal place for reflection, individual expression, freedom and fundamental questions. It is a “yes” to life, although sometimes a “but” lies behind. More than ever, the role, the voice and the responsibility of the artist are crucial in the framework of contemporary debates.” (Christine Macel, curator of the Biennale di Venezia 2017)
The BA CONTEMPORARY 2017 Venezia with the title „LA JOIE DE VIVRE!” will be held during the 57th Venice Biennale from 15 – 29 September 2017 at Galeria Centro D’Arte San Vidal operated by Italian Art Association U.C.A.I. in the Scoletta San Zaccaria, Campo San Zaccaria in Venice.
Scoletta San Zaccaria was founded in the 9th century and is one of the oldest monuments of Venice and is located in the Castello district between Piazza San Marco, Arsenale and Giardini (exhibition areas of the Venice Biennale). The gallery is existing since 1949 and is managed by the Italian art association U.C.A.I..
The application is open to the media: painting, drawing, collage and photography.
Each artist can apply for the exhibition with two artworks, size of works width 100 cm, maximum height 70 cm per artwork.
Application deadline ends on April 30, 2017.
The proportionate exhibition costs are: Euro 900.
The application does not include automatically the participation at” LA JOIE DE VIVRE! BA Contemporary 2017 Venezia”.
The application must contain the following documents:
– Biography, Artist statement.
– An image file of artworks you will exhibit. The images have to be sent as JPEG with 900 pixels on the longest side and a resolution of 72 dpi or as PDF
– All participating artworks must be available for sale. The sales price has to be set by the artist.
– The complete filled and signed data sheet of the artworks
– The complete filled and signed Application form
– A copy of your payment document for the application fee
Only complete applications will be considered by the selection committee. The application does not include automatically the participation at “LA JOIE DE VIVRE! BA Contemporary 2017 Venezia”. The decision about the participation is made only by the selection committee of BIENNALE AUSTRIA association.
The selection of the exhibiting artists will only be made by the selection committee of BIENNALE AUSTRIA association till middle of May 2017. The selected artists will be informed via e-mail.
The selection of the submitted artworks should refer to the topic of 57th Biennale di Venezia.
DURATION OF EXHIBITION
September 15 – 29, 2017
Each selected artist has to transfer within 10 days after receive of written confirmation and accounting the exhibition costs to the bank account of BIENNALE AUSTRIA association.
The participation fee of Euro 900 supports the expenses for organization and logistic costs of the exhibition.
The exhibition costs contain:
– Rental- and operation costs of the exhibition space.
– One page in the print catalog (A4, edition of 250 copies).
– Each artist will receive two copies of the print catalog.
– Invitation cards – Each participating artist will receive 10 copies.
– Transportation of the artworks from Vienna to the Gallery in Venice and return to Vienna.
– Setup and dismantling of the exhibition
– Support of the exhibition by BIENNALE AUSTRIA staff
– Promotion of the exhibition on BIENNALE AUSTRIA website and gallery website.
– Promotion of the exhibition on partner portals of BIENNALE AUSTRIA association.
– Press work nationally and internationally (German, English, Italian) – press release to daily newspapers, weekly and monthly magazines, local media, radio and television (cultural departments), art and culture magazines nationally and internationally, news agencies nationally and internationally.
– Promotion by e-newsletters and e-invitation via the BIENNALE AUSTRIA data base.
– Mailing of invitations to journalists, curators, art critics, galleries
– Organisation of the opening.
– Packing of the exhibits and preparation for the return shipping after end of the exhibition.
– Creation of a press release, exhibition report including photos of the exhibition.
You will find all your questions answered and the application forms: