SEA Foundation 2017 Open Call for Curator Residency
2017 OPEN CALL FOR CURATOR RESIDENCIES
DEADLINE: 15 august 2017
The SEA Foundation Curator in Residence programme is for emerging as well as established curators.
SEA Foundation welcomes applications from a wide spectrum of curatorial practices, research interests and professional backgrounds. We invite curators to apply for flexible residencies up to one month. The aim of the Curator in Residence Programme is to provide opportunities for curators to familiarise themselves with the Dutch visual art scene in the south of the Netherlands, to conduct research and make meaningful professional connections and relationships, create future work opportunities, refine their networking skills, and build other vital professional capacities.
Through these residencies, SEA Foundation aims to links and foster collaborations between artists in the south of the Netherlands, curators, art institutions and their artistic peers internationally.
The aims are:
• To support the production of art and the theory of art
• To evoke discourse on art and art practices within a local and global context
• To promote and relay critical and researched based production of art
• To facilitate exchange between art intermediaries and artists, creating an expert network
We expect that applicants will be developing projects or developing their research with some form of future public outcome in mind.
Artistic merit is the basis for selection. All applications will be judged a panel consisting of SEA Foundation team members that is complemented by international advisors.
Between 2 weeks and 2 months
1 October – 30 November 2017
Funded by SEA Foundation:
• Studio and private living quarters
• Heating, water and electricity
• Bespoke mentoring and training
• Use of shared kitchen and common residency rooms
• WIFI everywhere on the premises
• Use of workshop and equipment
• Use of art-related library
• Interaction with local peers and other residents
• Office facilities and printers
• PR activities
• Free parking (road side)
• Bike on loan
• Stipend of 200 euro per week
• Production budget 1500 euro depending on project costs
Paid by the resident:
• Travel costs
• Personal expenses
• Application fee 30 euro
The project proposal should consist of the following documents
1. Application form (Incomplete forms will not be considered)
2. CV and portfolio (max. 10 pages) with a list of exhibitions and other relevant information
3. Detailed description of the residency project including an anticipated schedule. (max 3000 words)
5. Motivation (max. 300 words)
4. Proposal for public activities that provide guidance for your project proposal (max. 300 Words)
6. Two professional references who can comment on your practice
Deadline: 15 August 2017
Selection process: August 2017
Start of residencies: October and November 2017
Account holder name: SEA FOUNDATION
IBAN NL86INGB0000027572 / BIC INGBNL2
Mandatory communication: Last name + first name + 2017 Curator Residency Application
Please note that we can only review your application after receiving the application fee.
The application form must be sent by post or by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org before the 15th of August 2017.