Open Call – Three Funded Residency Opportunities at The Art House, Wakefield, UK
Deadline for Proposals: 26 January at 5pm GMT
Residencies in May 2018 / July 2018 / March 2019
The Art House is seeking proposals from artists who would like to take up one of three supported residencies at our purpose built studios in Wakefield in to help them develop and extend their practice. The callout is open to all, though at least one of the residencies will be reserved for a disabled artist.
We provide a month long residency at the Art House including:
– An artist’s fee of £1,500 (plus a materials budget up to a maximum of £750)
– Free accommodation in our flat within the Art House building
– Free studio space in the Art House (Studio G22, which is 14.5 square metres in size)
– Free access to a fully equipped print studio, with screen print, etching and laser cutter
– The services of a support technician, as part of our commitment to equality
– An opportunity to show either a new body of work created during the residency, or work in progress in our Project Space and potentially elsewhere in the Art House building.
– Coaching and mentoring through 1-2-1 sessions with our team
– Travel expenses up to a maximum of £250 if needed.
We welcome proposals from artists working in all types of contemporary visual art practice.
Apply via Curatorspace – bit.ly/2CLky7o
The Art House
Wakefield WF1 2TE